When you buy a classic car you want to know it’s history right?…
Well this is the watch equivalent, except they are new but come with a serious history.
These stunning watches are from London based ‘DENT’.
The history of this company is just mind blowing:
King Edward VII owned a Dent, as did Charles Darwin. Dent’s Standard Clock at the Royal Observatory kept the British Empire on time. And millions of tourists flock to London every year to take photographs of a the world’s most famous Dent: Parliament’s Great Clock – or Big Ben, to you and me.
Many things have changed since 1814, when Edward John Dent began making his very first chronometers. But their huge passion for horology remains. The twenty-first century has seen Dent release two new collections of wristwatches, create a series of skeleton clocks and return to architectural clockmaking.
Some Dent Quick Facts:
- Big Ben, 150 years young, made by Dent
- Winston Churchill’s first watch was a Dent
- Dent clocks controlled GMT at Royal Observatory Greenwich
- The BBC synchronised the hourly 6 pips with a Dent
- Charles Darwin had six Dent Chronometer No. 663s on H.M.S Beagle
- Dent was watch and clock maker to Queen Victoria
- 1st Duke of Wellington, the Iron Duke, wore a Dent
- Dent held warrants from the Emperor Meiji of Japan
- King Edward VI granted Dent a Royal Warrant
- Tsar Nicholas II, the last Emperor of Russia, wore a Dent
- Dent Chronometers guided Royal Yacht Britannia
- Dent’s palace clock has kept Balmoral Castle on time since 1857
- The magnificent 18ft clock in St. Pancras International Train Station is a Dent
- Dent made Chronometers that guided the Royal Navy
- The Shah of Persia granted Dent a Royal Warrant in 1904
- Sir David Livingstone and Stanley both owned Dents
- King George V’s Dent Struck 11 as the Great war Ended
- Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II owns a Dent
Just have a look at some of the incredible timepieces Dent produce. You know you want to own one of these stunning pieces.
I am sure you will agree, these are STUNNING watches.
You can get your own Dent from www.DentLondon.com they have watches available or they cab build them custom for you.